20-minute At-home Bodyweight Circuit
For most of us summertime vacations are getaway trips from work and the boring routine back at home, but getting away from your bad habits also means it’s going to be harder to maintain discipline on the good ones: such as eating healthy throughout the day or exercising regularly. Let’s face it, when the all-inclusive breakfast has you choosing between delicious pancakes and cookies to start your day, it’s much too easy to forget you’re on a warpath against fat. And while no one is suggesting you should be miserable on your vacation or have the same kind of self-control as you do back home, you could try to spare 20 minutes out of your day to mitigate the effects of the above-mentioned pancakes and cookies.
All you need to stay in shape is our 20-minutes at-home body-weight circuit and a little space in your hotel room, garden, beach or family room.
Perform each exercises for one minute and rest for 30 seconds in between each exercises. After you complete each exercises once, catch your breath for a minute, then go through the entire set once again for a total of 20 minutes.
Begin by doing some jumping jacks or jog lightly for one minute.
- Stay with your feet a few inches apart, knees slightly bent and arms in guard position at the chest.
- Jump forward like the directions on a globe: north, south, east, and west: forward, back, right and left. Continue jumping for 60 seconds.
Jump for 1 minute and rest 30 seconds.
- Stand with your feet hip-distance apart, and step your right foot behind and slowly lower to a lunge until both your legs are at a 90-degree angle.
- Lift your right leg up and let it float slowly to the front, lowering it again to 90-degrees.
- Push your right foot up again and float it behind your as you did first time.
Perform this exercises for 1 minute: – 30 seconds with your right leg and 30 seconds with your left leg; rest for 30 seconds then move on to the next exercises.
- Start in a plank position with your hands shoulder-distance apart and your legs and arms long.
- Jump or walk your both feet between your hands, coming into a low squat position. Jump straight up as high as you can, lend, and then come back into plank position.
Do as many burpees as you can for 1 minute and then rest for 30 seconds.
ARMY CRAWL PLANK
- Start in a plank position, with your feet together, your shoulders over your wrist and your body in straight line.
- Bend the left arm and then the right to assume forearm plank position.
- Lift the left hand and place it on the mat/floor below your shoulders as you push through your palm to lift back to a plank position.
- When you reach the top, place the right palm on the floor under the right shoulder and then push back into a full plank. Repeat the move, leading with the right arm.
Perform this exercise for one minute, leading first with the left arm and then with the right arm, 30 seconds for each. Rest for another 30 seconds.
SHOULDER TAP PUSH-UPS
- Start again in a plank position with your feet hip-width apart and your hands directly under the shoulders. Keep your legs and abdominals tight and lower your chest toward the ground slowly with the elbows bending and pointing behind you.
- Exhale as you push back up into high-plank position and lift the right hand to tap your left shoulders at the top and then repeat with the opposite arm.
For one minute do as many repetitions as you can and then rest for 30 seconds.
- Stand with your feet hip-distance apart and by bending your knees, sit back into a squat position.
- Keep your back straight and your abs tight. Step to one side, while staying in a squat position. Return to the initial position and then side squat in the other direction.
Perform side squats for one minute and the rest.