Cheat Day: 5 Minute Delicious Vegan Pancakes
Even if you want to lose fat fast and you’ve embarked on a rather strict diet, it’s still recommended to have a cheat day once in a while. However, you should make sure you cheat smart in order not to ruin the progress you already made a week before. Cheat meals allow you to satisfy your cravings and the best way to cheat is to plan ahead. Choose one cheat day every week and eat your favorite food in reasonable quantities, but don’t eat every single thing you couldn’t eat while dieting. Be selective and ration your cravings accordingly: you could have a pizza cheat day this week and follow-up with some sweets the next one, but never overdo them.
Fat-busting diets can cause a decline in levels of IGF (which supports muscle growth) and thyroid hormones which directly affect fat-burning, hence why having a cheat day or cheat meal once in a week can regulate these parameters.
Leave us a comment and tell us what you eat in your “cheat” days.
I will publish a cheat day recipe every week and this week is all about Pancakes. Here is an easy, 5 Minute delicious recipe that you can try.
- 1 cup of flour (whichever you prefer)
- 1 cup soymilk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar (You can use organic cane sugar)
- 2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/8 tablespoon salt
- Combine the 4 dry ingredients: baking powder, sugar, flour and salt in a large bowl, add the soy milk and vegetable oil to the mixture, and mix it until is smooth.
- Heat a pan to medium heat until is ready for your batter, so spoon one pancakes’ worth of the mixture into the pan.
- Carefully flip when the edges are looking stiffed or you see bubbles in the middle of the pancake. Repeat for all the batter.
- I know it's tempting, but try not to eat them all while you’re cooking them 🙂