Low-calories, Gluten Free – The Cauliflower Pizza Crust Everybody Talks About
Whenever you see pizza included in a diet it’s either as a cheat-day carb-bomb to give you energy through the remainder of the week, or in one of those crazy all-you-can-eat diets that never work. However, there’s a specific type of pizza that, if eaten in moderation, can actually make the list of healthy foods you’d want in a diet: the cauliflower-crusted pizza.
Compared to a traditional pizza recipe, the cauliflower pizza crust is low in calories, gluten free and still gives you the satisfaction of stuffing your face in pizza-goodness. You’ll find the recipe below, but if you want to bulk it up a bit and give it some extra taste you can add some tomatoes, basil or any other veggies that are low in calories. Half of a cauliflower crusted pizza has less then 300 calories and you can enjoy it guilt-free.
If you want to eat healthy and lose weight in the same time check out this 250 Quick and Easy Fat Loss Recipes.
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup cooked frozen cauliflower, riced or minced
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF.
- Beat the egg, add shredded cheese and cauliflower. Mix it in a large bowl, then press into a greased pan and add the desired spices.
- Add the desired toppings (red sauce, onions, cheese, mushrooms) - not included in the nutritional info. Bake it for 10 to 15 minutes, until golden, and cheese in bubbly.