80 Calorie Mediterranean Chickpea Salad
The Mediterranean chickpea salad is an incredibly healthy, satisfying meal, mostly because chickpeas, like other beans, are rich in dietary fiber and protein, cutting away your urges to snack or eat unhealthy by giving you a sensation of fullness. They provide an amount of protein comparable to that of meat, without the high calories that meat brings on the table (literally). Chickpeas also help stabilize blood sugar and phytochemicals contained in the chickpeas act as antioxidants that can lower the risk of breast cancer and osteoporosis.
If you want to eat healthy and lose weight in the same time check out this 250 Quick and Easy Fat Loss Recipes.
You can find the recipe to the tasy, appetite-controlling Mediterranean Chickpea Salad below:
- 1 can(15 oz) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- ½ chopped cucumber (peeled)
- 1 roasted red pepper, chopped
- ½ sm red onion, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 salt
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic (chopped)
- Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl. Allow to stand at the room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Nutrition/ Serving: 80 calories, 3 g protein, 14 g carbs