Carrot Cake Pancakes
Ever wished there was a way to enjoy “cake” for breakfast? Then our Carrot Cake Pancakes are the perfect solution. All you need is carrots, pineapple, some nutmeg and cinnamon, the classic ingredients for Carrot Cake.
If you miss the taste of Carrot Cake, and to make one is just too time consuming or too difficult for you right before going to work or school, you might find it easier to just make some Carrot Cake Pancakes instead. They look like regular pancakes by taste like Carrot Cake and they’re quick to make, yummy and healthy!
The extra pinches of nutmeg and cinnamon give them a richer flavor and the pineapple keeps them super moist and tasty.
I recommend shredding the carrots in a food processor until they are very finely cut up, so you don’t feel any hard lumps in the pancakes. I usually top my pancakes with pure maple syrup, but you can use whatever you want.
If you want to eat healthy and lose weight in the same time check out this 250 Quick and Easy Fat Loss Recipes.
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¾ cup carrots, chopped really fine in food processor
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 and ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup crushed pineapple, not drained
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 and ¼ cup milk
- Add dry ingredients to a bowl: flour, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg, baking powder and brown sugar.
- In another bowl mix vanilla and milk.
- Add the milk mixture to dry ingredients and combine. Try not to over-mix.
- Stir pineapple and carrots and combine.
- Let mixture stand 5 minutes until griddle is heating on medium heat.
- When griddle is hot, add ½ tablespoon butter and ½ tablespoon vegetable. When oil is hot, drop ¼ cup spoonfuls of batter on to it. Cook on first side until the edges begin to look "dry" and until bubbles form in center.
- Flip pancake and cook 1-2 minutes on second side. Watch it carefully.
- Remove to a platter warming in oven.
- Repeat the process for all batter.